There is a worldwide pandemic of coronavirus infection. The essence of the Dutch approach is to control the virus to the maximum in protecting vulnerable groups.
We are (limited) open to regular patient care.
Our policy is that we only allow people into the clinic who we know, with quite a certainty, are healthy. If you therefore answer “yes” to one of the following questions, we will postpone your regular care. If you have answered any of the following questions with “yes” and you have a pain complaint, please contact the clinic by phone. In consultation with the clinic, we will discuss how we can help you.
The questions are:
- Are you or one of your housemates pending the result of a Corona test?
- Do you have currently or did you have in the past 24 hours any of the following symptoms: colds (such as cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat), cough, elevation or fever (over 38⁰C), shortness of breath or breathlessness or loss of smell and / or taste?
- Do you now have a housemate with fever or tightness?
- Do you have Corona or have you been cured of Corona shorter than 2 weeks ago?
- Do you now have housemates with Corona?
- Are you in (home) quarantine (or are you supposed to be)?
- Do you live in a nursing home or institution for people with intellectual disabilities?
Because hand hygiene appears to be an important source of infection in this virus outbreak, we ask you to disinfect your hands with hand alcohol (present in the waiting area) upon entering the clinic. We then ask you not to touch your face and things like mobile phones. In the waiting area and when making agreements we try to keep together as well as possible the 1.5 meters distance that is advised by the State Government.
Some additional clues:
- Don’t come too soon, so preferably just come before the appointment time to us.
- Follow the directions of our staff.
- Come to your appointment alone, if strictly necessary, a maximum of 1 parent or supervisor may come with you.
- Do not stay longer than necessary in the clinic
- Use the elevator only if you are less mobile.
For most treatments we will let you rinse you for 1 minute. In the clinic, we adhere to the Infection Prevention Directive in Oral Care Practices and have taken additional hygiene measures.